Summer is here

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Baby is Five!



Waiting for friends at my carnival party!


Where did the past five years go? Yesterday we celebrated our long awaited Carnival Birthday. We decided to wait for the weather to get better a couple weeks after her birthday. Well that never happened. As you see we had coats on. However, the rain held out. Izabella had 23 friends. They enjoed carnival games, carnival food such as corn dogs, pizza, popcorn and watermelon. They also brought home some cotton candy. We also enjoyed a pinata. Mostly it was a great chance to see friends.


Some of my family feels I always need to have an over the top party. Yes I do enjoy it. This is the way I see it. She is currently my only child. Not like it would change with others. This was a big birthday. I know that does not explain the other 4. I however feel that she deserves it. Almost 5 years ago, we did not know what her life would be. If she would even make it at times. Now we are Five and heading off to Kindergarten in the Fall. She is a great kid except when she is sassy but that is girls. As her parents there are things we can not always afford to give her but there are three times a year I like to spoil- her birthday, her heart birthday and the holidays. Some people think I am creating stress and I will go on the record and say at no point do I feel stress. I just like things organized. That is just me. I am not a fly by the seat of my pants person.


I want to thank everyone who came to share with us. An extra special thanks to my parents, my sister and brother in law and our friend Maggie for helping. I hope all your children enjoyed it as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment