Summer is here

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chicag Blizzard 2011

Bella playing in the snow
Bella sledding down the middle of the street

They had been talking cabout it for days. There was part of me hoping they would be wrong(at least with the totals) but they weren't. Tuesday, I sent Bella to school. Her teachers said to feel free to pick up early if the snow started. About two o'clock, I decide to go out, stop and get movies and crafts to prepare. When I went into Hobby Lobby for about 15 minutes, when I went to check out it was white out. So off I went to get Bella from school. I knew it was going to be bad when it took us 20 mins. to get home when it usually takes 5. We watched and watched the news, hundreds of cars stopped on Lake Shore Drive for 10 hours. I was glad we were all save at home.




The morning brought shock when we saw the amount of snow. Our back door was stuck the snow was half way up it. We measure the front yard and there was 23 inches (some was over 4 ft with drifts). Bill did a great job getting us plowed. About noon, Bella and I geared up to go out. We got our sled and Bella rode it 5 blocks to our friends The Douglass, down the middle of the street ( the only way we could go). Just a side note this brought us no school for the day.




Thursday, Daddy was able to get out to go to work but streets were still bad. Besides that the temp was sub zero, so we were not able to go out. This day brought us lots of crafts. Since again not school.




Chicago is use to snow but this really stopped the city for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment